It is not only the cost you need to consider if you’re about to buy power banks, there are many more that you need to consider when getting the suitable one for your use. Power banks are well-known nowadays, they come in various sizes and shapes and have a wide variance in the cost of diverse ones. Selecting the proper power bank for your distinct use can be challenging. Knowing different specifications means whether they will affect the performance. Power banks have a broad variety of capacities and sizes, and there’s also the battery technology selection as well.
The quality of the power bank not only defines its performance yet also how accurate and fast the energy transfer from up to the device being charged will be. Once you use a poor-quality power bank, your device won’t be charged appropriately, and might get distracted as well. If you’re planning to buy one, below are some of the crucial factors you need to consider when buying.
Consider these things when looking for a power bank
- A power bank must need to be at least double the battery of your smartphone. Like your smartphone, the battery of your power bank capacity is listed as mAh or MilliAmp Hours. If you have a bigger battery capacity, it also needs bigger mAh. It is recommended to choose a power bank with thrice or twice the capacity.
Weight and size
- Weight and size are vital when choosing a power bank, especially when you are using it when traveling. The more prominent the capacity of the power bank the hefty it will be.
Number of ports
- Early power banks had a single output port, yet with people using them, plenty wanted to charge various devices all at once. A lot of power banks come have two and some power banks have more ports. Also, you must remember that once many devices are charged together, the power bank may not provide the greatest current to every port.
- Although the output mostly on power banks is a USB Type A, the huge USB connector is being used to interface joints with flash memory drives, USB chargers, and more. Usually, a micro-USB and a mini USB, yet some have combined a lightning connector, thus it can be charged using an Apple charger with a lead, decreasing the number of needed leads.
Power bank output charge current
- When searching for a power bank it’s also necessary to think about the rate wherein it can deliver charge, this impacts the charge time. You can get an idea of what is entailed from the chargers that are given with the device. A lot of USB devices only contemplate a charge present of about half an amp, phones may usually be about an amp, while tablets are around 2.5 amps.